Saturday, April 23, 2011

Sookie's Wild Vacation

 Well Sookie did very well in the car ride down to FL. We got stuck in bumper-to-bumper traffic for hours twice, and I sped through the worst downpours I've ever seen in my life (turns out we drove in between tornadoes and just missed a few (one of the traffic jams was caused by one). It wasnt much of a vacation for me, my grandma passed away but Sookie definitely enjoyed herself. I brought down a play pen for her and she escaped it three times. The first morning I nearly had a heart attack trying to find her. My grandpa, mom and brother found it hilarious. Finally I re-checked the closet and was throwing the dirty clothes to see if she was there and wouldnt you know it- she rolls right out of my moms pants. She was fast asleep! I put her in her carrier and zipped her up. She was grounded. I took her outside for the first time also but I'll put that in another post.
 Well I tied the opening closed. I was sure she wouldnt get out again....but she did. This time she found haven in an empty box that was a perfect size for her under my brothers bed. She did NOT want to come out of it. I thought about renaming her Houdini. So I tied it even better. She didnt get out that night or the night after. Thursday morning wouldnt you know it she was gone. At this point I was just amazed because I dont see how she could have squeezed through this little space. I found her in the closet. I took her out while some of the people were still at my grandpa's house after the funeral and most of them were amazed by her. She is very odd-looking and interesting. She's also cute when she wants to be haha
 She did well again on the car ride up to NY. It was a shorter ride so I think it was better for her.
She made herself quite comfy on my lap when we were in traffic for hours :)

No comments:

Post a Comment