Friday, April 15, 2011

Hanging Toys

 I've started making hanging toys. The idea came from Rhythm Beads that are used with horses. What you do is have a string of certain beads that cling together and make a nice sound and tie it to the horses mane. When the horse is walking the beads set a rhythm for the horse to walk to and also calm it down.

 Now, this is a little different seeing as you cant tie anything to a hedgehog but Sookie doesnt like anything I buy her for toys. I even took (she gave it to me) one of my nieces little stuffed animal lizards as a possible companion and all she did was poop on it. So what I did was get a cat ball and tied it to a string and put some beads on there. She was intrigued. She played with it for awhile and then lost interest (of course she did...) but from time to time if I wake up in the middle of the night I hear the it moving o.O

So a few people have requested them and I'm happy to make them. They're actually a cool idea if your hamster or hedgehog likes toys and is active. Sookie is just a terrified of everything/lazy little girl.
Here are a few that I've made:





 The link to my etsy site is here and also at the bottom of the blog under "Cool Sites!". I also made a tutorial on how to make one yourself here * Note that I've made some obvious adjustments such as the fleece.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, gah, I have to comment! I think I've seen this posted at the hedgehogcentral forums and even then I thought I'd love to get one, a brilliant idea. In fact, I was thinking about this toy just a few days ago so I might have to try and make one or it will never leave my head though I totally suck when it comes to all sort of DIY -- STILL. That's one awesome toy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. its really easy to make! you can do it :D

    ReplyDelete